We are so used to it that we don’t even think about it anymore – cleaning an air conditioner.
It’s one of the most important investments in our home, so why not ensure it’s in tip-top shape? After all, an air conditioner that doesn’t work properly is not only uncomfortable but can also lead to higher electric bills.
Cleaning the AC Unit the Easy Way
Do you know how to clean ac unit inside? It is important to clean the inside of your AC unit at regular intervals. The ducts can accumulate dust and dirt, which will collect in the units. When you do, the units work harder to cool the environment and will eventually burn up a lot of electricity. You can limit this by cleaning the units regularly. If you do not, the units will work even harder and cause even more problems.
What about the outdoor unit?
Whether you need to clean the unit yourself or hire someone to do it for you, here are the following steps for cleaning outdoor unit:
- Turn off the power. When you have a working air conditioner, you don’t want to mess with it—and you certainly don’t want to get electrocuted. That’s why it’s important to know how to properly clean the unit, especially the fan, to avoid electrocution, which is dangerous for both you and anyone you’re working on. Taking these steps will ensure you’re safe while you’re doing an AC unit cleaning, and it will help ensure that your air conditioner continues to provide you with cool air for many years to come.
- Remove the debris on the fan cage. The AC system is one of those essential appliances that provide a key source of comfort to your home or office. In order to keep the AC system in good condition, the fan cage that pushes air into the AC ducts needs to be cleaned regularly along with the AC unit.
- Clean your AC fins. Did you know that cleaning the fins of an air conditioning unit at home can do a lot to improve the efficiency of your unit? It is true! To clean it, remove the fins first from the AC unit, clean them with a good disinfectant, and then reattach them to the AC unit. This task will not take you more than a few minutes, but the benefits of this simple action will make it more than worth your time.
- Clean the area around your AC. When you have a central air conditioner, it is necessary that the area surrounding the unit is clean. This will ensure that the air in the room is clean and that the room does not have a bad odor. If you have a small area, you can do it with a single mop or bucket. If you have a larger area, it will be necessary to clean the area with a mop, broom, and bucket.
- Make sure that the unit is still leveled. It’s always best to check the condenser is level and that it is not tilted and add a little shim behind the unit to make sure it remains level.
- Clean the AC evaporator coil. There are many methods to clean the evaporator coil of your air conditioner. The most common is to use a shop-vac to suck up the gunk. The other method is to use a soft brush to get the gunk off, then spray the coil with a special no-rinse coil air conditioner cleaner.
- Don’t forget to clean the drain. Household appliance maintenance is a great way to save money and time. If you have an ac unit at home, you have to clean the evaporator drain from time to time. If you have a wet/dry vacuum, then you can easily clean this evaporator drain.
- Replace the blower filter. Replacing a heat blower filter once a year can help keep your air conditioner clean, and your system is running efficiently. Filters should be changed on a regular basis – at least every three months – and if needed, they should be replaced more frequently, depending on the type of filter and the number of hours it is used, and the climate and climate conditions in which it is used.
- After replacing the filter, screw back the latch door and turn on your AC.
Some of the most effective ways you can clean your AC’s filters include washing them with a hose, using a vacuum wand to suck up all the dirt and dust from your AC, and using a scouring pad to remove the caked-on dirt.
If you own an air conditioner or central air conditioner, you may or may not know that it has to be cleaned regularly in order to function properly. Air conditioners are known to have a very high dust content, which irritates the skin. If you have allergies, this can be a problem when you are in the summer, when the AC is on and when you are in your house all day.
It is really important to clean your AC unit. But, if you are seeking the expert’s help, don’t hesitate to call the trusted air conditioning contractors Tucson.
Call [company_name] if your AC unit needs cleaning!
For over 4 decades, [company_name] have always been serving the Tucson community with outstanding HVAC services. When you call us, we’ll make sure that one of our techs arrive at your home and do the following :
- A thorough inspection of your A/C unit.
- Explain the possible solutions based on your units’ needs
- In-depth troubleshooting
- Offer maintenance services
Rest assured that our technicians are fully licensed and insured so you can have peace of mind knowing that you called a reliable professional to take care of your unit. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need HVAC maintenance service in Tucson, AZ.