Keeping your home cool with an air conditioning unit is a necessity nowadays to beat the summer heat. Are you one of those who purchase cooling units without proper research? Whether you’re replacing an old AC unit or buying one for the first time, consider these following factors before installing an air conditioning system so that you can make a wise investment.
- AC Pipe Freezing
- What causes an air conditioning system to rattle?
- Ducted vs Ductless Air Conditioning Unit
What is a residential air conditioning unit?
An air conditioner unit is a piece of appliance that removes heat and moisture from a room to give comfort to the homeowners. There are several types of air conditioning systems that you can choose from: a central air conditioning unit with outdoor compressors or a single plug-in unit that you can mount on a wall or window.
How does home air conditioning work?
All types of AC units have the basic components: a refrigerant, a compressor, a condenser, an evaporator coil and an expansion valve. All these components work together in order to transfer heat and moisture from the inside of your home to the outside providing you cool air.
What are the factors to consider before installing an air conditioning unit?
Keep in mind the following factors before installing your cooling system:
- Cost – Costly units prove to be more cost effective in the long run. Limited amount of energy is consumed, thus giving you lower electricity bills. They are efficient to keep your rooms cool, however, installation of these expensive units should only be done by a professional who can install all the necessary components in a most effective way. Aside from the cost of an AC unit, consider and estimate the installation cost as well. Installation cost depends on the AC unit that you choose.
- Choose the kind of duct work you need for your AC – Costly units prove to be more cost effective in the long run. Limited amount of energy is consumed, thus giving you lower electricity bills. They are efficient to keep your rooms cool, however, installation of these expensive units should only be done by a professional who can install all the necessary components in a most effective way. Aside from the cost of an AC unit, consider and estimate the installation cost as well. Installation cost depends on the AC unit that you choose.
- Consider the size of the air conditioning system you should go for. You can determine this by calculating the size of the air conditioning unit you want to purchase and need for your server room. The size matters because it is key in providing you with comfort, efficiency and longevity. An air conditioning contractor will help you determine which equipment size will work best for you.
- Placing your condenser. Find a shady space in your home for the condenser. If it is placed in a room with too much light, it can overheat inducing costly damage in the long run. To ensure its maximal efficiency, find a location where airflow will not be blocked.
- Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER). Understanding the SEER is essential before you buy your air conditioning system. The ratio is based on the cooling capacity of your unit for each energy it consumes. The higher the SEER the more efficient the equipment.
- Maintenance. To ensure that your AC system is in top condition, regular maintenance from professional AC service contractors are essential. With regular maintenance service, it will keep your cooling system last longer.
Looking for Complete AC Installation Near Tucson?
If you’re in need of air conditioning service in Tucson, feel free to reach out to our team here at Heatwave Air Conditioning and Heating. Our HVAC Contractors provide quick and honest air conditioning repair and replacement service for local residents in Tucson, Oro Valley, Casas Adobes, and other neighboring regions.
Heatwave Air Conditioning and Heating
3131 E 45th St, Tucson, AZ 85713